Our practice is dedicated to helping our clients identify the cause of their pain and to creating a custom treatment program that will allow for greater, more desirable health!
Before Your First Visit
- Arrive 5 minutes early for your first appointment.
- Fill out the patient forms to the best of your ability before coming in. Please be as thorough as possible, even if you don’t believe the information is relevant to your current condition.
- Provide key past medical history, previous treatments, current medications, and other information you may feel of importance.
- Make a list of questions that you have to discuss on your first visit.
- List symptoms that can be of importance to the therapist.
What to Expect on Your First Visit
- To keep costs low we do not have front office staff. Our facility is small and quaint. Please have a seat in the waiting area and the therapist will come and get you at your appointment time.
- Please keep your intake paperwork with you and provide it to your therapist.
- During the evaluation your therapist will further discuss your medical history and symptoms. Open communication helps us understand your problem and the underlying causes and relationships.
- The therapist will perform a thorough assessment. This is gentle and should not cause any pain. You will be in a few different positions during the evaluation so if there are positions that you can not tolerate please let your therapist know ahead of time.
- Treatment will be performed the first day to get you started on your road to recovery. It is often shorter on the first day secondary to the evaluation and discussion or your symptoms. This is also beneficial as it allows your body to build a relationship with the therapist.
- Please note that following treatment, your local tissue will continue to make changes for 3-4 days followed by global repatterining. This process happens in approximately 2 weeks. Each person and each session will yield different side effects. The first few sessions, as connective tissue is woken up, there may be toxins stored in your system which can cause you to feel fatigued or a “little off” for a few days. Please keep this in mind when scheduling appointments. Ensure that you do not have a flight the next day, a big lecture, or something special occurring. You just never know what your system has in store for you, it is best to plan to be relaxed and uneventful for a few days.
- You will schedule your next appointment or a series of appointments. The projected amount of therapy needed will be discussed with you. We offer many convenient appointment times, including a few Saturdays each month, but we recommend scheduling in advance to accommodate your scheduling needs.
- Your therapist will write up their findings and treatment plan to submit to your referring physician or other medical professional who you choose (optional).
- If you have any questions at anytime, please don’t hesitate to call or email. We want to ensure your satisfaction and success in your healing journey.
- Your therapist will recommend and prepare a course of treatments to ensure the quickest recovery and the best results. Your therapist will discuss the recommendations with you.